So you want to be a plus size model? This episode is what you have been waiting your whole life for. I chat with plus size supermodel Liris Crosse, who I now have a girl crush on because she is straight talking and awesome. She’s paved her own way in the plus size modeling business and been working for a solid decade. You might have seen her in Vogue and Cosmopolitan magazines as well as in the Lane Bryant & Ashley Stewart campaigns. I loved seeing her on the Project Runway finale last year walking in Ashley Nell Tipton’s clothes at New York Fashion Week.
In 2014 Liris created her Life Of A Working Model Bootcamp course. So, if you’ve ever wondered what it really takes to break into the modeling industry and get paid, then this is an amazing episode that talks a whole lot of truth. You’ll also hear shout outs to Gwynnie Bee, Eloqui, Torrid, Tess Holliday, Plus Model Magazine, Full Figured Fashion Week, and Fashion to Figure.
What We Cover in this Episode:
- Do plus size models need a portfolio?
- Should you put ‘plus model’ after your Instragram?
- How tall do you have to be to be a plus size model?
- Should you work for free as a plus model and for how long?
- What are plus model sample sizes?
- What is a ‘fit’ model?
- Which pays more catalogue or magazine work?
- Should you do your own hair and makeup?
- How much should you invest in your portfolio?